Apple Cinnamon Irish Breakfast Cookies
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 ½ cups old fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup ground flax seed meal
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 tablespoons Kerrygold Unsalted Butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¾ cup diced, peeled apples
Preheat oven to 375º degrees.
Combine first 8 ingredients (flour through cloves) in a small bowl. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
Combine butter and coconut sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer. Mix on medium speed until thoroughly combined. Add egg, vanilla and applesauce and mix again. Pour in the flour mixture and stir until just combined. Gently stir in apples.
Drop by rounded tablespoon on to cookie sheet and bake for 8-9 minutes. Allow to cool on pan for 2-3 minutes and then remove to wire rack to finish cooling.
What a great addition to any breakfast…so wholesome and delicious. Goes great with a cup of Irish Breakfast Tea!